Posted August 28, 2023
As Hurricane Idalia approaches the coast of Florida, it is crucial for each of you to be prepared. We’ve provided some steps to safeguard yourselves, your family, and property.
Below are some essential steps to help you and your loved ones get ready. We encourage you to follow local authorities and news sources for recommended evacuations and guidelines.
1. Create an Emergency Kit: Put together a kit with essential supplies such as non-perishable food, water, medications, first aid supplies, flashlights, batteries, and personal hygiene items. Also collect important documents such as identification and insurance papers.
2. Stay Calm and Informed: Monitor local news and weather forecasts to stay updated on Hurricane Idalia’s progress. Follow news social media accounts and subscribe to emergency alerts. During the storm, stay indoors and away from windows. Remember to listen to official instructions from local new sources and alerts regarding evacuations.
3. Evacuation Preparedness: If authorities recommend evacuation, do so promptly. Pack necessary items and follow recommended routes. We suggest filling your vehicle’s gas tank as well, in case of heavy traffic.
4. Pet Preparedness: If you have pets, remember to include them in your plans. Pack their essentials including food, water, medications, and comfort items.
5. Secure Your Home: Bring in outdoor furniture and reinforce windows and doors. Know your local evacuation routes and have a plan for where to go.
6. Emergency Contacts: Keep a list of emergency contacts including local shelters, healthcare providers, and community resources.
Remember, preparedness is a shared responsibility that enhances community resilience. By taking these steps now, we can face Hurricane Idalia with confidence and ensure the safety and well-being of each of you.
Stay safe and prepared!
Posted April 23, 2020
We understand that this is a difficult time for so many, and The Promise Homes Company is looking to work with our residents to help you navigate this global pandemic and historic economic downturn. So, we have made two enhancements to our Resident Engagement Incentive Program to support residents who have been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19. The changes to help you are as follows:
“Resident Recognition” Program
- Who is Eligible: Any Promise Homes resident who pays on-time rent in full for the months of May, June, and July
- Reward: Resident will receive a $100 rent credit each month that they pay on time in May, June, and July
“Life Event Credit” Program
- Who is Eligible: Any Promise Homes resident who has been recently affected by COVID-19 and was paid in full at the beginning of April.
- Reward: Resident will be able to apply their security deposit toward their rent by completing the following:
- Provide proof of hardship as a direct result of COVID-19 pandemic
- Renew their lease for a minimum of 12 months from enrollment date
- Replenish their security deposit over the remaining 12 months of lease
To see if you are eligible for these two programs, please reach out to me, your Resident Engagement Manager, Demetrius Myatt, at 470-471-5065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you all continued good health,
Resident Engagement Manager
The Promise Homes Company
Posted April 6, 2020
On behalf of The Promise Homes Company, we hope you, your loved ones and extended families are doing well during this unprecedented and challenging time. We know that many of our residents have been either directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19 itself or the related financial impact it has had on so many. With forced business closures, social distancing, and job losses, we know this is an especially difficult time.
To that end, we want to make sure you are aware of all of the resources available to Promise Homes residents to help you through this.
First, as a resident of a Promise Homes Company home, you have access to free credit and money management coaching through our partnership with Operation HOPE, a leading non-profit provider of financial education and empowerment programs. To speak to someone about these offerings, please reach out to one of the two coaches below. Please make sure to mention that you are a Promise Homes resident:
Operation HOPE Credit and Money Management Coaching
Second, Operation HOPE has also recently activated HOPE Inside Disaster for individuals and small businesses to receive free virtual financial recovery support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Services include credit education and coaching, financial disaster budget planning for individuals and families, money management education and coaching, assistance with financial disaster recovery creditor and mortgage debt deferment, guidance and assistance referrals for food, clothing, shelter, and FEMA assistance. To be connected with a financial disaster recovery specialist who will assess your situation and provide personalized coaching and assistance, please reach out to:
HOPE Inside Disaster
1-888-388-HOPE (4673) or visit the HOPE Inside Disaster website at https://www.hopeinsidecovid19.org/recovery
Third, we would like to provide information on unemployment resources in the event you or someone in your household has recently lost their job:
Georgia Unemployment Information
Toll Free Number: 1-866-598-4164
Local Customer Service Number: 404-232-3001
Additional Contact Number: 1-877-709-8185
www.dol.georgia.gov– And follow the file unemployment insurance link.
*Wednesday and Thursdays are the best days to call for assistance.
Florida Unemployment Information
Toll Free 24-hour 7-days a week number: 1-800-204-2418
Local Customer Service Number: 1-877-846-8770
Additional Contact Number: 1-800-681-8102
www.floridajobs.org– And follow the employment link.
*Tuesdays are the best days to call for assistance.
Lastly, if you have any specific concerns about your personal situation, please reach out to our Resident Engagement Manager, Demetrius Myatt, at 251-234-9530 or email@example.com.
At Promise Homes, we are committed to providing quality homes as well as resources to help improve the financial stability of our residents, especially during this uniquely challenging time. Please know that we are here for you and wish you continued good health.
John Hope Bryant
Founder and Principal
The Promise Homes Company